General Gynecology & Minimally Invasive Surgeries located in Orlando, FL & Kissimmee, FL
You strive to take good care of yourself, and that means making time for an important annual check-up known as a well-woman exam. As trained providers of gynecological care, Dr. Anthony Gyang and the team at Osceola Gynecology offer well woman exams at their locations in Orlando, Kissimmee, and St. Cloud, Florida. They offer the preventive care you deserve to enjoy optimal health. Call today or book a consultation online.
Well Woman Q&A
What is a well-woman exam?
A well-woman exam is designed to help you remain healthy. It’s an annual check-up that focuses on preventive care, including your gynecologic health. A well-woman exam typically includes counseling and education, screening tests, a gynecologic exam, a breast exam, and immunizations based on your age and health.
How can I get ready for my exam?
Your well-woman exam is the perfect time to bring up health concerns and ask questions about any changes you’ve noticed in your body. You may want to write down a list of questions to discuss, including:
- Birth control options
- How to prepare to get pregnant
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Mental health issues, such as anxiety or depression
- Your safety and relationships
- Healthy food choices
- Being more active
What happens during an annual well-woman exam?
Your practitioner starts by taking a complete health and family history. You can expect to be asked a variety of questions about your overall health and well-being, including:
- Your eating habits and exercise
- Whether you drink, use drugs, or smoke
- Your sexual health and sexual partners
- Whether you’re taking any medicines, vitamins, minerals, or herbs
- Your mental health history, including depression
- Your relationships and whether you feel safe
A member of the medical team will take your blood pressure and your temperature, and measure your height and weight. Next, you’ll have a physical exam. You may be asked to undress from the waist down or to remove all of your clothes. You’ll be offered a gown to wear. Then, your practitioner at Osceola Gynecology typically performs the following tests and exams:
- Pap test, to screen for early signs of cervical cancer
- Breast exam, to look for unusual changes in your breasts and under your arms
- Pelvic exam, to assess the health of your vagina and pelvis
If you haven’t had a well-woman exam in more than a year, it’s a good idea to schedule one as soon as possible to safeguard your health and well-being. Call today or schedule an online consultation with the dedicated, experienced providers at Osceola Gynecology.
Wellness Checkupsmore info
Pelvic Floor Therapymore info
Pelvic Painmore info
Birth Controlmore info
Pap Smearmore info
Pelvic Organ Prolapsemore info
Robotic Gynecologic Surgerymore info
Abnormal Uterine Bleedingmore info
Endometrial Ablationmore info
Ovarian Cystsmore info
Well Womanmore info
Vaginal Dischargemore info